Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cheesy (Hashbrown) Potatoes

I'm a super picky eater. Fortunately, I'm changing that by trying new foods and recipes. Unfortunately, it also means I'm stuck in some of my habits. Every time I go to am outing and have potatoes as my dish to pass, I choose this recipe. It is quick and simple without requiring a ton of odd ingredients or a lot of preparation. Most of my family love these potatoes as well, which means I always have to make two or three batches. I don't want to ramble, so here's the recipe.

Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes

2 lbs frozen hash browns, thawed *I typically use Ore Ida Potatoes O'Brien*
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick margarine, melted
1 pint sour cream
8 oz grated cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste

Mix all and put into a greased 9"x13" pan.
Optional: Top with 1 cup crushed potato chips or corn flake crumbs
Bake at 375F for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden and melted.

Note: If your potatoes are not completely thawed, they will take longer to cook, but still work fine. Usually if you get them out the day of the event, you'll be fine.

Cheers,
Rocka

No comments:

Post a Comment